Byron Bay Writers Festival 2016
Posted 5th August 2016
View more from Events
The Byron Bay Writers Festival 2016 is on this year from Friday 5th August to Sunday 7th August. Byron Bay has been host to some of the worlds most renowned writers, emerging writers, local writers and best sellers since 1997.
Some authors which have featured at this event over the years include Morris Gleitzman (Australian children’s author), Julia Gillard (author and Australian politician) and Jacki French (world renowned children’s book author). This year the Byron Bay Writers Festival is fortunate enough to feature Magda Szubanski an Australian performer who has produced a non-fiction book about her life. This book has already won five awards including Book of the Year and Biography of the Year. Other featured presenters this year include renowned Australian journalist Stan Grant, host of ABC’s news and current affairs 7.30 programe Leigh Sales and award-winning journalist Annabel Crabb of Kitchen Cabinet fame.
- At the airport grab yourself a copy of Reckoning: A Memoir By Magda Szubanski
- On arrival to Byron Bay head straight to Victorias at Byron Bay
- Indulge in our decadent complementary afternoon tea
- Perch yourself in front of the fire and immerse yourself in her story
- Retreat to your room for some rest and relaxation
- Enjoy a sumptuous breakfast in house
- Head to the festival to listen and meet this wonderful Australian author.
The full list of authors are now available on the writers festival website and tickets can be purchased from the 15th of June 2016. Your itinerary to Byron Bay and the Byron Bay Writers festival is now planned!